Sunday, August 22, 2010

A true example of mixed emotions....

Tomorrow I will feel sad and excited. It sounds so strange, but tomorrow is the day that Zachary goes to daycare for the first time (sad), and tomorrow is the day I start a new job (excited).

Zachary will be going to an in-home daycare in Orange. (It's in the same neighborhood that Joey's parents live in.) The lady that runs it has been in business for 28 years. Joey grew up with her children. The daycare is run out of her guest house on her large property. The place has a HUGE grassy lawn, playground, and horses for the kids to feed. I know he will be well taken care of and I am looking forward to him making friends!

I will be dropping Zachary off and heading off to my new job! I have been hired to work 25 hours a week at St. Bonaventure School in Huntington Beach. My official title is Diversified Learning Support. My partner Tiffany (who I worked with last year at Commonwealth) and I will be responsible for completely rebuilding the Resource program and creating an Intervention program at the school. It's perfect because the two of us built a successful Intervention program last year at Commonwealth! It's going to be a challenge, but I know it will be rewarding too. (My schedule looks like it will be only 4 days a week, so I will have an extra day with Zachary!!)

I LOVE being a teacher and I think that will make tomorrow just a little easier when I have to leave Zachary to go to work.

But......I will most likely still cry a bit, so I am packing my make-up bag to do some touch-up before I head into work! :)

Wish me luck....and Zachary too....as we both start new adventures tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. You both will be great! Sounds like his daycare is going to give him lots of fun adventures! Your new school is so lucky to have you! Can't wait to hear how everyone's first day goes. (By the way...Molly loves going to the sitter. It was traumatic at first, but after not going for 3 weeks this summer, she was asking to go.see her friends....when you find the right place, it makes all the difference!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck tomorrow - you both will enjoy yourselves!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your first day goes well! :)

    ReplyDelete