Friday, September 24, 2010

Tracy's Favorite Things - Mommy Edition!

Before Zachary was ever born, I remember my fabulous hair stylist, Nikki, talking about a European baby food maker that she saw at Williams Sonoma. I was curious and I looked it up online and then went to see it in person at the store. I wanted it BAD! I kept hinting to my mom that I REALLY wanted it, but I honestly thought she was thinking it was just a gadget I didn't need.

Well, my mom is awesome and she got it for my for my baby shower in January! (Pardon my expression in the pictures! I was SO excited about it and had to explain it to everyone there!)




I am now using it and I am in LOVE with it! It's the Babycook by Beaba. It does it all! It steams fruit and veggies in 15 minutes or less and it also purees them right after that.........all in a CUTE little size that takes up very little counter space!

If you know me, you know I don't how how to cook. So far all the food Zachary has had has been made by me! I know that if I had to take out separate pots to steam or cook things and then take out the food processor and clean it all up, I would just give up and buy store bought food.

I freeze the food into little cubes and I'm shocked at how much food I can make from the veggies I buy! Less than one half of a butternut squash (boughtfor $1.59 at the grocery store) makes 12 cubes of food! (Zachary eats 1-2 cubes at a time)

Here are some pictures of the first time I used it! I had only one carrot in the fridge, so that's why I only got 3 cubes out of it! Usually I can make 10-14 (or more) cubes from the fruit and veggies I use.

I REALLY love my Babycook..........can you tell? :)
Step One: Steam Carrots

Step Two: Puree Carrots

Step Three: Freeze them in Ice Cube Trays

Here is my stash that I have in the freezer right now!
(Apples, Squash, Peas, and Carrots!)


3 comments:

  1. Good for you Tracy! Only the BEST for the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I am a grandmom, I enjoy finding out new and current items from you for future gifts at baby showers. Thanks Tracy for sharing. this makes a 2nd item to consider for future gifting. Aunt Bernie

    ReplyDelete